Just like finding your favourite drinking hole, discovering the right waxing and manicure spot for you can involve a little trial and error. The good news is, if you want to get your nails painted or a quick wax in the capital, Dermaesthetics Clinic in London is a one stop soltuion for all your beauty needs.
Fast & Virtually Pain-Free
Waxing is easier when it’s done by someone who knows what they’re doing. All of our waxing beauticians are highly professional and excellent at what they do. If this is your first time at a waxing appointment you should know there’s no need to be nervous! Our beauticians have seen it all before and waxing is all in a day’s work for them. We can promise a fast and virtually pain-free waxing experience with results you will love.
Intimate Waxing London
Looking for a virtually pain-free female intimate waxing (Thong Wax, Bikini line Wax, Brazilian Wax, Hollywood or Full body? Our intimate waxing services include thong wax, bikini line wax, Brazilian wax, Hollywood and full body waxing. Waxing doesn’t have to be a chore. When it’s done by a professional, waxing is quick, easy and virtually pain-free. Our waxing therapists are highly trained and will make you feel as comfortable as possible, using techniques to get results that you will love.
Non Intimate Waxing
Looking for a virtually pain-free waxing in London (Under Arm, Half Arm, Full Arm, Half leg, Full Leg, Back Wax, Chest Wax or Abdomen Wax)? Our non-intimate waxing treatments include underarm, half arm, full arm, half leg, full leg, back wax, chest wax and abdomen waxing. Our waxing appointments are quick and virtually painless. Our waxing therapists are highly trained, professional and friendly. Rest assured, they will put you at ease during your appointment and achieve results that you will love. For our non-intimate waxing, we use outback organic wax. This is a cream-based wax that will leave your skin feeling hydrated with less chance of leaving a sticky residue – effective on even the most stubborn hairs but gentle on your skin. Our non-intimate waxing is available to both male and female customers.
Facial Waxing & Tinting
Looking for virtually pain-free facial waxing (Waxing Eyebrows, Lip, Chin, Professional Eyebrow or Eyelash Tint)? Our waxing therapists are highly professional and skilled at what they do. We can promise a fast and virtually pain-free experience with results that you will love. Waxing is highly effective and will leave your skin silky smooth for weeks and weeks. To get the very best results, we use a Harley aloe vera hot film wax for our facial waxing which is highly calming on your skin and effective at removing even the most stubborn hairs.
We also offer eyebrow and eyelash tinting, to darken and intensify your facial features. Perfect for anyone with lighter eyelashes and eyebrows to give you a more dramatic look, even with zero makeup. Facial tinting is a more natural and low-maintenance look than using dye or makeup. Our beauty therapists are highly trained and skilled when it comes to facial tinting, and will give you beautiful results that last weeks and weeks.
Here are some guidelines to ensure that your skin is cared for after your waxing. The following reactions are quite common after waxing and are normal and temporary reactions. All should subside within 24hrs:
• Heat reaction
– Post treatment could be seen on the skin for several hours following your wax. This could be in the form of slight soreness, small bumps or redness of your skin. This varies person to person from a mild redness to a much stronger reaction such as hives
• Waxing aftercare Skin sensitivity advice
– Try to avoid very hot baths, showers, steam rooms, saunas and Jacuzzis for 24 hours
– Skin sensitivity to UV light. Please avoid sun-beds and sunbathing for 24 hours, as more intense burning could occur
– Avoid applying fake tan to your skin for 24 hours
– Don’t apply deodorant or anything perfumed for 24 hours
– Avoid wearing tight clothing, such as skinny jeans and tights for 24 hours
If the waxing aftercare advice given is followed your skin should return to normal within 24 hours. If any reaction is still present after this time, it may be an allergic reaction to the wax so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any problems.
Advice for all areas bikini line waxing such as Hollywood and all body waxing, leg waxing, back waxing and chest waxing the following is advisable:
• Wear loose fitting clothing after the waxing session for 24 hours
• Gently exfoliate your skin 24-48 hours after your appointment
• Between waxing appointments exfoliate 3-4 times a week
• Exfoliating the skin using antibacterial body wash may help if the ingrown hairs are inflamed. Use one with a natural fragrance. Something with tea tree or essential oils will be advised, for example tea tree or peppermint. This can be applied with exfoliating mitts.
• Once the hair has started to grow back, usually around 3-4 weeks, we advise that you exfoliate every day, this will help all the hairs come to the surface straight away and avoid becoming ingrown
• Moisturise the area daily which will keep the skin supple and help new hairs to break through. Once again don’t use anything too perfumed
To maintain the best waxing results and keep on top of ingrown hairs, we would recommend regular waxing, about every 4-6 weeks. Avoid shaving the areas in between sessions as this will cause it to be more painful and the hair may be too strong or short or turn back into the skin causing ingrown hairs
If you are prone to waxing burns for any of the following reasons please notify your therapist before treatment, so we can use extra care while waxing.
• Recent sunburn or extreme sun exposure
• Very dry or dehydrated skin
• Areas of loose skin
• Extremely sensitive skins e.g. eczema and psoriasis
• Wax temperature (either to hot or cold)
• Certain waxing removal techniques
• For facial areas specifically
• Overuse of exfoliating products
• Overuse of Vitamin A or Retinol
• Extremely Sensitive skins
• Recent facials / peels (within the last 7 days)
• Recent facial aesthetics (within the last month)
If your therapist notices any marks in treatment they will advise you what has happened and offer the best aftercare. Sometimes the redness does not appear immediately and once you’re home you may notice this.
Waxing burn, bruising and patches of skin removal can sometimes happen due to the fact we are using hot wax to remove hairs which are made from the same substance as your skin – Keratin. Receiving burns during a waxing appointment is very rare. We always use the utmost caution by applying talcum powder to your skin before the green tea strip wax and waxing strips. For Harley aloe vera hot wax the procedure is slightly different, in that we would apply pre-oil before the wax is applied, but sometimes mishaps occur.
• Clean the area with cool water or a soothing cleanser such as Aloe Vera
• Do not use anything perfumed
• Apply antibacterial or antiseptic cream, if the area is very inflamed or red
• Keep doing so for 1-3 days
• It is very important to apply a thick layer of sunscreen if you are going out in the sun
• For the facial areas try and avoid any make up for 3-4 days
• Avoid any exfoliating products for at least 7 days
• Keep the area hydrated and moisturised
• We suggest bio oil or an aloe vera soothing lotion
• The area will start to heal and possibly flake
• It can take up to 7 days to heal
If you have any questions regarding waxing burns or need advice after your waxing treatment at Dermaesthetics clinic, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
The Soprano Titanium Laser hair removal method is unlike any other laser hair removal treatment. Featuring its exclusive 3D technology, Soprano Titanium combines the three most effective laser wavelengths into a single applicator, simultaneously targeting different tissue depths and anatomical structures within the hair follicle.
By combining the absorption and penetration levels of different wavelengths, along with extended treatment coverage, increased comfort and low maintenance requirements, Soprano Titanium is the safest and most efficient hair removal treatment available today.
A consultation is important to primarily discuss your needs and expectations. Our aesthetic practitioner will assess your medical history and suitability for the treatment and ask you to give informed consent for the treatment course.
A patch test is required at least 24 hours before commencing your first treatment. This is to assess the amount of melanin (colour) in the hair and determine the correct settings to use for an effective, virtually pain-free treatment. You will be asked to shave the area on the morning of your first treatment to achieve the best results.
During the treatment, the laser is passed over the skin in a slow, fluid motion. This movement gradually heats the hair follicles in the sub dermal (lower) layer of the skin using pulses of energy that are absorbed into the melanin (brown colour) in the hair. This stops the blood supply to the hair, so it can no longer be produced. All you will feel is a warm, comfortable sensation whilst this magic is happening!
After your treatment, your hair will start to grow as though it’s been shaved. The hairs can remain in the skin and often become attached to the epidermis (upper layers of skin). They will fall out within 19 to 30 days after the treatment as the skin naturally renews itself. As the blood supply to the hair has been stopped, the follicle starts to miniaturises, resulting in the hair being eradicated or depigmented and fined to vellus hair. Treatment intervals vary from 4-8 weeks apart depending on the treatment area.
A full course of 6-8 treatments will result in long term hair reduction. This is dependent upon individual skin tone and hair.
WANNA GET A BRAND NEW LOOK OR REFRESH YOUR CURRENT HAIRDO?