Support our mission to build the first Muslim social media app focused on connecting Muslims with others locally to improve and build the communities we live in.
Social media isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, but leading platforms today do not cater to our Islamic faith. We seek a sense of belonging on social media platforms only to feel out of place in the end. Even with their best technological integrations, we still face censorship, Islamophobia, and privacy concerns.
We are tested on a spiritual level when we are exposed to inappropriate content multiple times a day every day. Sifting through the noise and pulling away from these distractions is challenging for our entertainment addicted brains. We can waste hours scrolling and consuming content that brings no benefit to our lives. For the youth, this content can have a negative impact on their development.
The Ummah is increasing at a rapid pace masha’allah, but more and more Muslims are disconnected from each other and their communities. Our beautiful Islamic values are not being implemented in our offline lives well enough to disconnect from harmful social media sites and influence. We lack the support, pro-activity, and unity to improve our situation, and in turn, improve the world we live in.
So, what’s the perfect balance?
Over the past year, our team has been developing the mus greet app based on the notion that social media can be beneficial under the right conditions. Our independent market research revealed to us that Muslims online struggle with their deen, identity, self-esteem and loneliness. These findings only pushed us harder in our mission towards these modern-day problems.
“Help one another in acts of piety and righteousness. And do not assist each other in acts of sinfulness and transgression. And be aware of Allah. Verily, Allah is severe in punishment” (Quran 5:2).
We cannot get rid of social media, but we can become a better alternative to preserve and strengthen the Muslim identity.
mus greet aims to facilitate purposeful connections. Members will cultivate healthy and beneficial relationships based on interests, religious goals, and skills. Since it is based on locality, members can meet up to attend social events, volunteer, network, collaborate and organize community initiatives.
…oh and we’re keeping it halal, safe, and secure.
Our motto is “Unity in the Community” inspired by the idea that through togetherness and achievement, we can become better, stronger, and grow bigger.
But people are not our only focus – we are putting businesses and mosques at the forefront too! Read below to see how.
Our communities will be made by regular people like YOU! Everyone is welcome to join for FREE as long as they are 13 years or older.
Our community app features include:
- Security measures to prove users are who they say they are.
- Search filters that connect you to community members within a 4-mile radius based on your specific criteria.
- Customizable profile that lists your skills, languages, hobbies, religious goals and more.
- Ability to share your thoughts, ask for support, and make recommendations to those in your private social circle or local community.
- Easily discoverable local halal spots, services, and businesses on our interactive map.
- Ability to share content, messages, posts, and reactions.
- Find mosques based on location, their services and amenities, and view prayer times.
The halal industry is growing and our platform is the perfect place to advertise and share new products! We want to support and encourage businesses that cater to the community.
Businesses can benefit from:
- Customizable business profiles to build a presence in the local area or city wide.
- Smart categorization for improved search and map results so services can be found easier.
- Communication with the community to let them know what is being offered.
- Marketing customization to reach the right audience.
- Advertising for events, products, and contests.
Mosques are strong pillars in our cities that enrich our communities. The mosque section on our app provides an array of benefits helping them expand their reach.
On mus greet, mosques have the ability to:
- Get discovered by listing mosques amenities, activities, and services.
- Offer their services & activities to suit their local community’s needs.
- Promote religious & educational services to foster self-improvement and spirituality.
- Tailor to their community’s needs by receiving feedback and help.
- Expand their community’s development initiatives by sharing volunteering opportunities.
- Facilitate youth’s personal and social development to nurture a sense of belonging and self-confidence.
- Engage with the community through interfaith dialogue, counsel, and events.
- Uphold the organization’s core values and mission and become a better resource center.
- Spread positivity and change, embrace diversity, and promote unity.
- Improve and strengthen community values and family life.
There are many apps with promise but no delivery. We want to our app to not only reach but exceed expectations. With our best intentions and abilities going forward, it is important that mus greet is functional, easy to use, and well-designed. To be able to do this accrues expenses and requires talent. While we have formed an amazing team, we still need support. We do plan on becoming the #1 app for Muslims, after all 🙂
Our team did a lot of the heavy lifting and are excited to announce we have reached the beta launch stage. Insha’ Allah we plan to launch our app in the first quarter of 2022.
Here’s how you can create an everlasting impact and join us on this journey with your support:
- Pledge a donation: You can make a donation of any amount and participate in the barakah of this campaign.
- Share us with your friends and family: Getting the word out about our campaign will help us reach our goals faster in sha’ allah and an easy way to participate with us!
- Make du’a for us: Creating an app is not an easy feat! But we hope for your sincere du’as as we navigate this exciting journey together. With Allah’s help we can complete this project and bring unity to Muslims everywhere.
Our app will be launched in London, UK initially. We will need to iron out any potential issues before launch and rectify any problems or bugs after as well. With a successful app we will be able to scale successfully bi’idhnillah!
Second Stage $10,000 – Market Research & Content Creation & Expansion?
Marketing research will help us tweak our app to ensure that it is on par with your expectations and our vision. We have plans to increase the value of our app with beneficial features and tools insha allah!
Third Stage $10,000 – Target Marketing
We want our app to remain free for everyone. To do this, our marketing needs to be successful in its marketing campaigns. As we earn sponsors and supporters, we can cover costs for app maintenance and growth.
The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever relieves the hardship of a believer in this world, Allah will relieve his hardship on the Day of Resurrection. Whoever helps ease one in difficulty, Allah will make it easy for him in this world and the Hereafter.” [Prophet Muhammad, Sahih Muslim]
Mus Greet Media aims to create appealing content through different mediums including podcasts, videos and blogs, inspired by talented individuals in our community.
Our podcasting studio will address the pressing issues in our world. We want to motivate our listeners to do more for themselves and the people around them. By having important conversations we can build safer spaces, achieve more and inspire others to do the same. If you’d like to be a host, have a story to share, or know someone interesting that needs to be interviewed, tell us!
Our blogs will bring you compelling stories, helpful tips and advice and highlight current events.
We are all about making a difference, so if you or anyone you know who may want to make a difference then please feel free to reach out to [email protected]